Ultrasound-guided Radiofrequency Ablation of Benign Thyroid Nodules
America/Pacific Time UTC -8:00 / -7:00
Radiofrequency ablation is revolutionizing the management of thyroid nodules. For patients who may have otherwise elected to delay or forgo surgical treatment, this technology provides a minimally invasive approach that spares normal thyroid tissue and function. As thyroidology evolves, it is critical that providers stay informed of options and expected outcomes.
This webinar is intended for audiences from all disciplines, and will address patient selection, procedural technique, and practice incorporation. Discussion topics include:
- What is radiofrequency ablation?
- Indications and patient selection for thyroid RFA
- Thyroid/neck ultrasonography and RFA-relevant findings
- The consent process: expected outcomes and potential risks
- Anesthetic and ablative techniques under ultrasound guidance
Previous registration necessary?
Simultaneous translation ?
Will it be recorded?
Lisa A. Orloff, Julia E. Noel